Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chapter 3- 2002


I hope I'm not confusing you out there in bloggerville. I started with pregnancy number six and am now going in chronological order.

My losses from 2002 and 2003 are kinda a blur at this point. 2002 was my first pregnancy with my 2nd (and current) husband. I had told him about what had happened in the past, but he figured it was a fluke. Heck, I wasn’t even sure what had happened. Needless to say, I was a little worried, but mostly excited that we were going to have a baby.

This may be a bit graphic--close your eyes—at about 15 weeks I went to use the bathroom and passed a HUGE clot. I was convinced I was losing the baby. I actually collected the tissue from the toilet for the doctor to see. My dh was in Washington DC at the time, so my friend drove half an hour to go to the doctor with me. Doctor examined me and said that my cervix was closed.....nothing to worry about. I was apprehensive, but hey, she’s the doc. She knew what she’s was doing...I guess.

Now, about this doctor. I told her numerous times about what had happened in ’99. She straight up told me that unless you have multiple losses there is nothing they can do. It just happens sometimes. As I look back, I wish I had the strength I came to acquire down the road. I should have TOLD her what I wanted, but hey..that’s how we learn, isn’t it?

So, hubby came home and everything was fine. A couple days later I had some minor cramping/contractions. Some would say it was normal, but there is nothing normal when it comes to me and pregnancy. I got up around 7am to use the restroom and this time I heard/felt my water break. I started crying instantly and woke dh up to go to the doctor. She basically told me there was nothing she could do. She said to go home and wait it out, and once I go into labor to go to the hospital. Needless to say, she did not have the best bedside manner.

When we went into the ER they did not know what to do with me. I didn’t officially qualify for Labor & Delivery, but the ER wasn’t sure they wanted me either. I eventually had the baby in the ER. I knew he (the baby) was coming about 20 minutes after arriving. DH tried to find a nurse, or someone, but there was no one around. I told him the baby was coming and then I delivered my itty bitty boy on the ER bed.

I held my little one and examined him thoroughly. He was soooo tiny, but looked so perfect. It’s amazing how developed they are on the outside.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your multiple losses. God bless you and all your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Universe bless you. You are a trooper and still you rise. I like your spirit. You give me hope and put a smile on my face. I see you with all the fortune you can't imagine in the near future. I hope you see it too. Peace. Love. Light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://readaebook.blogspot.com/search/label/Absolute%20Beginner%27s%20Guide%20to%20Pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful pic i like it very much all your blog so interesting and full of information about pregnancy and i want to share some thing new about your unborn baby you can see your baby with 3D Ultrasounds and 4D Ultrasounds
    . This technology providing three dimensional images. Now you can see imaging of babies moving, smiling and yawning before they are born.

    ReplyDelete